Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 700,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you have experience working in BSA/AML investigations and want to help enhance and build compliance processes at a fintech company?
Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for a new BSA/AML Compliance Analyst to join the 20+ person Compliance Department. This is a remote-eligible position based out of Chicago, IL. You will have access to experienced compliance professionals for mentorship and support. Your primary focus will be BSA and other AML related investigations and regulations, however you should have a familiarity of general consumer lending and deposit rules and regulations.
What you do at Avant
- Conduct transaction monitoring and identify unusual or potentially suspicious activity, escalating and reporting identified activity as needed.
- Adjudicate Sanctions and Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) alerts in accordance with OFAC requirements.
- Help enhance comprehensive internal guidelines regarding BSA/AML compliance.
- Work with business lines to implement and support BSA/AML initiatives, provide business lines with necessary support including training and process documentation.
- Provide assistance in the evaluation of new products and services, processes, and procedures to ensure requirements for the BSA/AML and OFAC programs are met.
- Assist with the enterprise BSA/AML and OFAC Risk Assessment processes.
- Stay current on financial services products and regulatory landscape, specifically on BSA/AML laws and regulations for business impact.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Why you are a fit for Avant
- 2+ years of AML, fraud investigation or risk management, and/or regulatory compliance experience.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills, attention to detail, curiosity, and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate high-level writing proficiency and compile detailed reports.
- proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint ) and Google Suite.
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data, specifically around suspicious account activity.
- Self-confidence, good judgment, and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments.
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance.
- Willingness to take on additional projects and duties as needed.
- LexisNexis/Bridger, SQL, Atlassian (Jira and Confluence), and/or Looker experience a plus.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.