Business Analyst, CCO at Walgreens
Gathers requirements using a variety of techniques, including observation, interviews, surveys, questionnaires, and conducting focus groups. Analyzes, classifies and documents project scope and business requirements, and identifies and clarifies functional requirements using conceptual and logical processes. Serves as a bridge/translator between various teams, including the business, operations, IT, and external vendors. Works collaboratively with design, development, QA, and production support staff to ensure business and functional requirements are properly documented, tested, piloted and executed.
- Gathers and documents client requirements; helps identify desired results and provides an understanding of the opportunity or problem.
- Reviews high level test plans, business and system requirements based on quality assurance plans.
- Gathers and documents functional requirements from business requirements, including page specs and use cases where needed.
- Assists in scope definition and managing initiatives from definition through implementation, providing necessary updates and communications to stakeholders.
- Provides basic end-user support in post-deployment phases, and supports the assessment and evaluation feedback process to ensure that the requirements necessary to correct issues are addressed.
- Understands and identifies the correct resources to help define and validate both requirements and specifications.
- Helps identify opportunities for improving efficiency of application portfolio and associated business processes.
- Interfaces with stakeholders to answer routine application and requirements questions. Escalates the more complex questions, but follows up for resolution.
- Works with business owners and operations to review suggestions, system enhancements and production issues.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience working on large-scale technology projects OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in retail or mail pharmacy.
- Ability to elicit requirements from business owners through a variety of methods and to document requirements clearly and concisely for stakeholders.
- Ability to identify qualitative and quantitative indicators for success.
- Experience with requirements specification and development: process/functional requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, use case development, and process flow diagrams.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience delivering / presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Experience with contact center operations and technology.
- Experience with voice channel technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Knowledge of technical design processes and models.
- Knowledge of processes to validate that the requirements have been met.
- Experience with Agile and continuous improvement methodologies (Lean Six Sigma).
- Experience using consulting skills and developing client relationships.
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience working with virtual teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.