Responsible for providing research and operational information to management in support of long- and short-term strategic plans and business operations. Responsible for verification of test and pilot activities, such as, store systems development, software revisions, training, ensuring procedures address legal and compliance matters, and conducting follow-up to ensure compliance.
- Maintains a working relationship and understanding of business operations and system interfaces throughout Walgreens to define new project business needs, business problems, and issue related to compliance matters.
- Provides research and operational information to management in support of long- and short-term strategic plans and business operations.
- Understands and gathers information on Walgreen stores, retail environment, pharmacy and competitors in order to address and identify system needs, enhancements, and possible integration opportunities.
- Analyzes data to recommend system procedure changes, enhancements, development of functional specifications or interface opportunities with costs and or return on investment summarized OR to determine customer satisfaction levels.
- Identifies and collaborates with proper departments to develop training, policies and procedures, which may be associated with store system projects and problem resolutions OR which may impact customer service.
- Develops methods and processes and reports to monitor and sustain results.
- Monitors internal programs, policies, and procedures and their effects on departmental and divisional objectives.
- Establishes quantifiable guidelines that are easily measured in order to ensure expectations are understood and accountability.
- Researches and introduces best practices in recommendation of strategies to resolve problems.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one (1) year experience of experience in business analytics or in a store operations function; OR, a High School Diploma/GED and at least three (3) years of experience business analytics or in a store operations function.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience in developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience in a retail business.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience with store systems (e.g., AS400, POS, SIMS).
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.