Business Analyst (Fraud Analytics)
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events every day. Experiences Matter. The importance of them is expanding rapidly as the industry continues to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and see more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with flexibility and the speed of a startup while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, giving every single employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to the site and mobile app daily. Your ideas are heard and implemented, your hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means that have the ability to drive impact and own the innovationthat allows us to connect our tens and millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that live events create.
Our Fraud Analyst works between the Fraud and Operations team, Legal, and senior management to monitor for fraud trends and mitigate issues through the use of data.
You are the company's first line of defense against criminal activity; assisting in the prevention, detection, and reporting of suspicious activity and other unusual high-risk issues using a variety of tools, including Spotfire, Excel, Accertify, and SQL.
We are looking for you to bring your analytical expertise to improve our existing tools and drive significant impact to our business.
- Write SQL queries to extract, transform, and aggregate data and provide key insights on performance and assist management in the early identification of fraud trends
- Identify fraud patterns, create and track fraud metrics and implement accurate, data driven policies and review methodologies to prevent attacks
- Conduct ROI analysis on fraud tools and services and use results to provide recommendations, reduce operations costs, and increase operations efficiency
- Perform investigative analysis using SQL and Spotfire dashboard tools
- Stay up to date on fraud prevention techniques and emerging trends
- Improve and enhance database table structures and data collection methods to increase reporting efficiency
To be successful, you'll need
- 5+ years in an analytical role and a high proficiency with SQL
- Experience identifying patterns and trends through data and applying practical solutions to business strategies
- Familiarity with transaction monitoring systems and procedures (such as Accertify) is a plus
- Expert in managing multiple projects simultaneously with a strong results/goal orientation
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting the customer first, elevating your team and ownership over outcomes
225 W Randolph, 30th floor
Chicago, IL 60606