Responsible for summarizing research data that will assist management in both long- and short-range strategic planning. Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of business processes pertaining to purchasing and distribution at Walgreens. Analyzes data to develop cost benefit analysis of proposed programs through collection and data analysis. Works on projects in strategy development, industry trends, competitive analysis, and company positioning.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of business processes and industry practices pertaining to purchasing and distributing.
- Analyzes corresponding data to effectively recommend system procedure changes, enhancements, development of functional specifications or interface opportunities with costs and or return on investment summarized.
- Develops and presents cost-benefit analyses of proposed programs and makes specific recommendations tied to the business goals of the department and Company.
- Collects, analyzes and presents information pertaining to long-term planning and strategic goals of the department.
- Works on projects in strategy development, industry trends, competitive analysis, and company positioning as it relates to pharmacy purchasing and distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree OR, High School Diploma/GED and 3 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, economics, or mathematics.