At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE VISA SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE FOR THIS ROLE***
Responsible for analyzing moderately complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Diagnoses the business needs and develops requirements. Performs system development planning, creation and implementation of a test plan, oversight during the development phase and post implementation comparisons of delivered solutions against original specifications. Implements improvements to existing processes, methodologies and work flows to enable the team/department to work more effectively.
As a Business Analyst, this individual will provide assistance and guidance to the business and technology teams for the Card Data Ops team in Enterprise Technology. They will work on high profile projects with concentration on Fraud and Customer Experience related projects and research.
This individual has duties of analyzing the business requirements, working with various business and BT teams in identifying the data elements and preparing detailed specifications from which programs are written. Working directly with business partners, this individual will understand data requirements at an attribute level and develop business plans to use the information and work with architects to design efficient solutions.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions. Recommends the most efficient and cost effective solutions for the system or program design. Develops system specifications and procedures.
- Develops business requirements with input from the business. Devises, tests and implements efficient, cost effective application program solutions.
- Devises data verification methods and standard systems procedures. Participates in systems testing.
- Partners with client management to identify and specify business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host-based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Collect metadata for all the data attributes and identify the ownership of these data attributes.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis and preparation of specifications and plans for development/modification of the processes.
- Act as project manager for projects where no overall technology PM is assigned.
- Document specifications in Source-to-Target spreadsheets tool for use by ETL developers.
- Leverage knowledge of data warehouse data in order to work closely with business partners to determine and document requirements.
- Write SQL to extract data for ad hoc requests. Work with Data Modelers to make sure end results meet business needs.
- Research and provide status communication.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Info Systems or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Applications, Business Analysis, Business Processes or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- SAFe (Scale Agile Framework)
- 2+ years of business analyst experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of Information Management
- Strong leadership skills
- Team motivator and team player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of development lifecycle
- Ability to multi-task
- Snowflake/Teradata/Aster/Hadoop experience
- Jira and/or Tableau experience
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.