SpotHero is looking for a number-loving, data-driven individual to support the day-to-day functions of SpotHero’s analytics team. This person will work to improve our strategy across business units and support data infrastructure to drive actionable insights through data analysis.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do.
- Partner with various business unit stakeholders to identify what data is needed to complete requests, determine if we have the necessary data, and work with engineering and product teams to operationalize it.
- Develop reports and tools using our Business Intelligence tool (Looker) to help operationalize data and make insights visible.
- Forecast ROI for relationships with new business partners and/or new initiatives.
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Strategic. You pursue insights that provide thoughtful answers to complex problems.
- Analytical. You use frameworks and tools to organize and employ unstructured data.
- Organized. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- Diligent. You are extremely detailed oriented and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Dynamic. You embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of 2-3 year experience in an analytics background
- Proficient in Excel
- Advanced in SQL, write optimal queries to pull and transform data
- Data visualization skills and data presentation
- Proficient in working with a BI dash-boarding tool, Looker is super helpful
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized by Time Magazine as one of the Top 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018, ranks highly on Built In Chicago’s 100 Best Places To Work In Chicago in 2019, and recognized for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives!