Business Intelligence Analyst at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a strategic and highly analytical Business Intelligence Analyst to join our growing team and help analyze data within PerkSpot’s platform, one used by employees working at some of the largest companies in America.
Data analysis and reporting is some of the most important work we do here at PerkSpot. In this role, you will work with the rest of the Business Intelligence team to build and maintain reports that directly track company KPIs and determine if new features are running properly. Your reports will also allow users to obtain information directly pertaining to their accounts. Your work will serve to improve the overall effectiveness of our platform, while informing key decision makers about customer needs and where to invest future efforts.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Business Intelligence Team
The Business Intelligence team is made up of like-minded individuals who are dedicated to PerkSpot’s success. We work diligently to manage current and future reporting projects, develop and execute SQL queries, and maintain our current warehouse structure. All of this work is done to make sure that PerkSpot’s data reporting is as accurate and thorough as possible. The Business Intelligence team also collaborates with every internal department on their current projects and KPIs, effectively controlling the quality of work done at PerkSpot and setting the tone for long-term, future growth.
Life as a Business Intelligence Analyst:
- Overseeing the maintenance of all databases and their related technologies; updating scripts as needed
- Working within our reporting dashboard to build out flows and conduct audits of current systems
- Receiving, assigning, and prioritizing incoming reporting and data tickets
- Conducting in-depth, detailed analysis of PerkSpot’s data; presenting these findings to department heads and company leadership
- Partnering with company leadership to advise on key company decisions, like new product features and customer needs
- Addressing any urgent reporting needs or product issues promptly
- Regularly attending team meetings and brainstorming new features, solutions, and analysis ideas
- Adhering to deadlines and requirements of assigned projects
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4+ years of experience in ecommerce and data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Business, or similar strongly preferred
- Proven proficiency in SQL and high-level MS Excel
- Demonstrated background in data visualization, report development, and dashboard/flow development
- Strong forecasting and business modeling experience
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to synthesize complicated data concepts into actionable solutions
- Desire to create and fulfill a long-term vision for the product and company as a whole
- Top-notch strategic and critical thinking skills, with a solution-oriented mindset
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to adhere to deadlines, stay organized, and understand project limitations
- A positive attitude, collaborative spirit, and thoughtful approach to all work
What will REALLY help you stick out:
- Familiarity with SQL and/or Domo
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Past exposure to C-level business strategy and decision-making
Your First Few Months:
During your training, you’ll work closely with our Business Intelligence Manager to learn all about our existing data warehouse structure, current KPIs, and departmental/company reporting strategies. After that you’ll get right into it, helping the team to build ETLs, cards, and dashboards within our current reporting system. Soon we’ll have you writing SQL queries and dealing with ad hoc project requests, and then trust you to take charge with our quarterly Domo audit, ensuring that all existing data, formulas, and reports are current. Because of your unique position on a small team, you’ll be able to impact the company’s reporting structure and data analysis for years to come.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.