Business Intelligence Manager - Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1,900,000 unique products.
As the Business Intelligence Manager on Zoro's analytics team, you will build and maintain a platform to enable data-driven decisions for users in all areas of the business. You will develop a deep understanding of Zoro's wide array of human- and machine-generated data and work with internal stakeholders to understand the opportunities for using this data to improve their results. You will determine how best to use business intelligence technology to meet our stakeholder needs.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Learning all aspects of Zoro's business and the data assets which can be used to inform decision-making in these areas
- Leading development of our business intelligence platform, with responsibilities including tool selection, hands-on development, project management, change management, prioritization, and training
- Improving our platform based on user feedback
- Implementing best practices in data visualization and information design
- Ensuring data accuracy and timeliness
- Mentoring analysts and business users regarding when and how to use Zoro's data sources
- Creating data definitions and standards for proper data use
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required (computer science, information systems, etc.) or 7 + years of relevant experience.
- Experience rolling out a business intelligence platform, including gathering business requirements, leading development effort, and training and onboarding users
- Outstanding and proven project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a high-pressure, tight-deadline environment
- Deep knowledge of database design and logic (SQL)
- Experience with a data scripting language desired (R, Python, Java)
- Proven ability to extract high-impact business insights from data
- Hands-on experience building reports and dashboard in consultation with business users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users
- Experience creating data visualizations in Google Data Studio, Tableau, or a similar tool
- Ability to build data transformation pipelines (ETL) and troubleshoot common issues with them a plus
- Ability to explore data sets and identify data transformation and data quality needs for targeted applications
- Background in Ecommerce or marketing analytics a plus
- Strong business focus: you ask and tackle the most important analytical questions with the goal of driving business impact
- Intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.