Business Operations Specialist - Market Data at DRW (Chicago, IL)
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Business Operations Specialist - Market Data, you’ll help manage the firm’s global market data program, including acquiring new market data, tracking the firm’s market data inventory and usage, ensuring compliance with licensing policies, and generating required reporting.
- Regularly report on the firm’s market data inventory; generate monthly, quarterly and annual usage reporting and usage declarations to exchanges and third-party vendors
- Stay abreast of all market data compliance and reporting requirements; play an active role in providing information to various parties to meet those requirements
- Assist with managing entitlements for DRW software delivery systems
- Process requests to add, cancel or re-assign services due to moves, departures or changes in business requirements
- Produce regular scheduled and ad-hoc inventory and cost reporting to all levels of management as requested
- Work with the Market Data team to communicate provider policy, licensing and pricing changes
- Contribute to the management of all aspects of the market data contract and invoice lifecycles (receipt, reconciliation, renewal)
- Administration of Bloomberg Terminals and Refinitiv Eikon
- Support monthly Accounting and Management reporting processes
- Contribute to the search for cost reductions and savings
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Previous market data administration and/or reporting experience
- Proficiency in Excel required; Tableau experience is a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an acute attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
Bonus Points for:
- Knowledge of exchange market data management applications (e.g Refinitiv DACS, Bloomberg EMRS, Bloomberg Terminals)
- Previous experience at a global firm with cross functional teams
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.