Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 700,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is adding to our team in Chicago! We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-driven candidate who is passionate about the function of Risk Management and interested in making a difference. This person will be a leading contributor in our Business Risk team and responsible for supporting the development and implementation of key Operational Risk and Enterprise Risk programs, including process/control design, performing risk assessments, and risk analytics and reporting. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a great team where you can be yourself, deepen your skills and experiences, and have the flexibility and access to find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities then consider a career at Avant!
What you do at Avant
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Avant’s Risk Management framework (policies, governance, and standards) to ensure operational readiness and response to business disruption events
- Document and develop front-line controls, identify emerging risks and material enterprise-wide risk issues
- Develop close partnerships across lines of business and drive discussions with business stakeholders to ensure that key risks are properly identified, managed, and mitigated
- Develop executive briefs and present to key internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to developing a strong risk culture and work with the business to reinforce accountability and transparency across the organization
Why you are a fit for Avant
- Strong background in Risk Management and familiarity with Operational Risk concepts and practices, and ability to deliver insights and recommendations to executive leadership
- A collaborative and cross-functional skillset with the ability to develop working relationships with business and functional partners
- Experience with analyzing large datasets, project management, and ability to independently manage multiple priorities while delivering a quality work product
- A strong moral compass and a commitment to high ethical standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Liberal Arts, or a related field or equivalent years of experience
- 4+ years of work experience in Risk Management, Audit, Compliance, or Project Management capacity
- 1+ years of experience with SQL preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.