Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for an Senior Operational Risk Associate to join the Operational Risk team in Chicago.
This person will be responsible for directing the day to day operations of Avant’s Issues Management program by reviewing and reconciling internal and external risk incidents/loss events to ensure that incidents are addressed in a timely manner.
Additional responsibilities include assisting the Head of Operational Risk in executing an effective First Line of Defense (1LOD) Risk Management program and supporting risk mitigation activities across the enterprise. We are looking for someone with strong analytical and organizational capabilities.
What you do at Avant
- Oversee Avant’s Corrective Action and supervise a team direct reports in managing issues from initial discovery to closure, manage program reporting, and identify business insights and improvement opportunities based on KRI’s/KPI’s
- Develop close partnerships across lines of business and drive discussions with business stakeholders to ensure that key risks are properly identified, managed and mitigated
- Create presentations, slides, and other communications of high complexity
- Document and develop front-line controls, identify emerging risks and material enterprise-wide risk issues
- Identify issues, diagnose root causes, and solve problems through independent thinking and collaborating with business stakeholders
- Contribute to developing a strong risk culture and work with the business to reinforce accountability and transparency across the organization
Why you are a fit for Avant
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Liberal Arts, or a related field or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of work experience in Risk Management, Audit, Compliance, or Project Management capacity
- 3+ years of experience on projects within a complex business environment required
- 1+ years of experience with SQL preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Familiarity with operational risk management concepts and practices, and ability to deliver insights and recommendations to executive leadership
- A collaborative and cross-functional skillset with the proven ability to develop effective working relationships with business and functional partners to influence decisions
- Experience with people management, strong project management skills, and ability to independently manage multiple, conflicting priorities and deliver a quality result within tight deadlines
- Experience in analyzing large datasets and developing program reporting
- A strong moral compass and a commitment to high ethical standards
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.