Business Solution Architect
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Consultant – Business Solution Architect will be working closely with DFS Finance and Regulatory business partners and other Architects within Business Technology department to develop integration strategies and solutions for Finance and Regulatory Data Operations team specifically focused on DataWarehouse (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions. The candidate must possess strong business acumen to understand business vision in order to provide solution that realizes business vision and needs. Strong understanding of Finance business processes, DW technical infrastructure and BI tools will be very valuable in this position.
Given the need for providing solutions that meet the needs of unique business opportunities with Finance and Regulatory, the candidate must possess strong problem solving skills and should be capable of defining and articulating technical architecture, and providing the necessary guidance to other technical teams to implement the solution. The candidate must also possess strong planning and organization skills; excellent communication and presentation skills are also essential for this position.
- Primary responsibility is to deliver DW and BI solutions that exceed business expectations in content accuracy, reliability and performance
- Develop strategies, policies and best practices working with business partners
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with business partners and is expected to have strong customer-facing skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, and crisis management
- Research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver solutions that fits within the enterprise context
- Conceptualize and execute Proof of Concept to verify/validate complex business issues or review new tools and technologies
- Lead discussion with the business on new business opportunities/requirements and lead requirements gathering for large DW projects
- Provides thought leadership in DW schema and database performance tuning. Additionally, understands how the front-end reporting tool influences these aspects
- Develop/enhance the DW and BI technical standards
- Support project teams on design and development of processes required to extract, transform, cleanse, and load the data into DW and data marts as necessary
- Work with other team members in troubleshooting and assuring quality of the DW
- May supervise staff on large projects where many technical people may be involved
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field of Information management
- Prior experience as a solution architect or technical lead
- Strong knowledge of Financial Services industry with the focus on Finance/Treasury business domain
- Strong technical expertise on DW platform, Data modeling and BI tools
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, capable of effectively presenting ideas/solutions to all levels in the organization
- Highly organized, capable of effectively managing competing priorities, and delivering on business results
- Experience with Offshore development model is beneficial
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.