CCPS Analyst at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for pro-actively diagnosing problems through analysis of reports and alarms from system management platforms.
This role can be based out of New Albany, OH. or Riverwoods, IL.
- Monitors systems delivering critical, core services, including online transaction switching, settlement and fee billing, dispute resolution, file distribution, and fraud detection. Performs daily activities such as batch operations, starting/stopping services, monitoring traffic volumes, and performance.
- Analyzes and takes action to mitigate impact as a result of either company or customer system issues. Works directly with customers to determine a course of action during outages and executes appropriate commands to stop impact. Works with internal- and vendors-support teams to analyze and determine course of action during system events.
- Contributes to, and participates in, change and incident management process, including participation in system/application upgrades or DR exercises.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 2+ years of experience in IT Operations, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- ITIL foundations, or related certification
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.