Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you have experience working in regulatory compliance and want to help enhance and build compliance processes at a FinTech company?
Avant is looking for a Compliance Officer to join the Compliance Services team within the growing 20+ person Compliance Department in Chicago. You will be primarily responsible for conducting second line regulatory compliance monitoring and testing, supporting regulatory risk assessments, and supporting regulatory compliance training. This role may also entail support of other compliance functions including compliance reporting and utilization of governance, risk and compliance (“GRC”) software.
In this role, you are expected to maintain a high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations, including, but not limited to TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, EFTA, TCPA, E-SIGN, BSA and other AML related regulations. You will work with multiple business units to support regulatory compliance oversight of Avant’s growing product offering.
What you do at Avant
- Perform targeted regulatory testing to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Review controls established and owned by business owners for effectiveness
- Evaluates policy, procedure, training, and processes with respect to regulatory requirements
- Partner with business units to effectively address risk identified through compliance audits
- Collaborate with various business units to enhance the existing regulatory risk assessment framework, identify controls and gaps in business rules and processes, and assemble findings in reports to senior management and bank partners
- Support the cataloging and assessment of risks and controls through the development and use of LogicGate GRC solution
- Prepare formal reporting to senior management and the Compliance Committee
- Participate in team initiatives to enhance second line compliance oversight and strategic business partnership, aligned to growth and scale of the growing Avant business
What might own at Avant:
- On a regular cadence, develop and execute internal regulatory compliance audits and related transactional testing to test for adherence to federal and state regulatory requirements
- Specific responsibilities supporting the regulatory risk assessment and GRC software implementation and use
Why you are a fit for Avant
- Bachelor’s Degree required; JD/CRCM a plus
- 3+ years of financial services regulatory compliance experience (bank experience preferred)
- Background in federal and state consumer finance laws
- Experience conducting compliance monitoring and testing
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and a track record of being able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, an interpret data as well as state and federal regulations
- Self-confidence, good judgement, and the ability to make sound decisions
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance
- LogicGate, SQL, Atlassian (Jira and Confluence), and/or Looker experience a plus
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.