Data Engineer at Walgreens
Builds & maintains big data pipelines to support advanced analytics and data science solutions. Identifies valuable internal and external data. Collaborates closely with data scientists to define data for the design, development, and deployment of new solutions that support business priorities.
- Develops software that processes, stores and serves data for use by others.
- Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Develops data pipelines that are scalable, repeatable and secure.
- Troubleshoots software and processes for data consistency and integrity. Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in data engineering; OR Graduate Degree in a technical discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships with internal (peers, business partners and leadership) and external (business community, clients and vendors) within a matrix organization to ensure quality standards for service.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience with REST API development
- Experience with Azure application deployment