Data Engineering Principal at Kin + Carta
The Applied AI and Data Platforms capability at Kin + Carta focuses on time-to-value by leveraging a pragmatic, iterative approach to release the “potential energy” stored within our clients’ data. Our typical projects include data strategy, streaming & analytics, strategy & build, machine learning, intelligent customer experience, customer 360 transformation, data platform modernization, and connected experience data strategy. Kin + Carta’s user first approach, and Data as a Product mindset, has won the hearts and minds of our Fortune 500 clients.
The ideal Data Engineering Principal for Kin + Carta is passionate about Data & Applied AI, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must. Experience working in an Agile development environment, or in a consulting capacity is a plus.Responsibilities
- Proven track record of designing/shipping data systems on modern technology stacks, from requirements gathering to production.
- Providing thought leadership relating to Data Engineering and Data Platform strategy
- Partnering with the department leader on go to market strategies, specifically by providing a technical perspective
- Building relationships across our clients and prospects to build buy-in for data initiatives
- Partnering with the department leader on workforce strategy decisioning for hiring, promotion and transitions.
- Making hiring decisions, developing talent
- Developing the Data culture within K+C and our clients: People + Process
- Advising data engineers and technologists, as required by the target architectures, to align with business priorities and their continued mentoring and coaching
- Curating solid training programs & content to continuously develop our technical workforce
- Defining the standards of excellence for technical delivery on client projects so that the team has a framework for success
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM
- 7+ years of experience as a part of a data management/engineering team
- Has led teams of 3 or more data and/or data science engineers
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-based data solutions (on Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Amazon Web Services)
- Exposure to Data Science concepts and tools
- Owned and created strategy for data and application platforms
- Thorough understanding of Data Architecture and Modeling
- Understanding of data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data
- Understand, implement and support Data Governance processes
- Experience with agile frameworks; primarily Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- Natural communicator who can adjust their style to match the audience
- Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Statistics.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud-based data solutions (on Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Amazon Web Services)
- Extensive Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, Data Bricks, MLFlowetc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
- Has managed data product teams building data products for internal and/or external customers
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.