Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Avant is looking for a Data Management Associate to join the team in Chicago. As a Data Management Associate, you will be responsible for modeling and managing data sets produced from our applications and ETL processes, acting as the product owner for our most important data. We are looking for someone with strong technical, analytical, and organizational capabilities who is just as comfortable exploring data sets in SQL and Python as they are interacting with business leaders to define key metrics. A successful Data Management Associate will develop a thorough understanding of our numerous data sources and work with senior business stakeholders to publish trusted, governed data sets that can be utilized in Avant's most important reporting and analysis.
What you do at Avant:
- Modeling new data sets that can be incorporated into the data warehouse.
- Performing exploratory analysis in Jupyter and Looker to support ETL development and QA.
- Overseeing the data governance and change management process for key metrics.
- Working with our Product Development team to ensure that new data elements are managed and published properly.
- Collaborating with our Data Services and Business Intelligence teams to ensure that all Avant teams have the information necessary to make data-driven decisions.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent work
- 3+ years’ experience in data management or analysis
- 1+ years’ experience with SQL
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with Python
- Experience working with Postgres
- Experience working in a Hadoop Environment
- Experience reading Ruby
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.