Data Product Consultant at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
The ideal Data Product Consultant for Kin + Carta is innovative, passionate about data and artificial intelligence, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. This team member will be part of a high-performing product team working to develop solutions leveraging data to solve business problems. Strong verbal and written communication are a must.Responsibilities
- Tell compelling stories with data that empower clients/stakeholders to make better and more informed decisions.
- Identify and curate data system requirements to be delivered on modern technology stacks.
- Influence software development lifecycles (plan, design, development, testing, and deployment) and work with both the business and technology teams.
- Create roadmaps and advise clients on future strategies and execution.
- Provide recommendations catered to client industries and their customers/users.
- Build relationships across our clients and prospects to build buy-in for data initiatives.
- Develop the Data culture within K+C and our clients: People + Process.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, business administration, statistics, computer science or data analytics
- 2+ years of experience with three or more of the following data skillsets:
- Data discovery
- Data cataloging
- Data mapping
- Metadata management
- Data governance
- Data quality
- ETL / ELT
- Visualization tools and development
- 2+ years of experience with Agile frameworks; primarily Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- Natural communicator who can adjust their style to match the audience
- Has been part of a product team using data to build solutions and understands design thinking
- Implemented Data Governance processes
- Prior experience utilizing Data Governance tools such as Informatica or Collibra
- Experience with both batch driven and real-team data pipelines
- Participated in creation of strategy for data and application platforms
- Experience with on-premise data platforms and solutions (on Teradata, DB2, Oracle, or SQL server)
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-based data solutions (on Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with Big Data platforms and concepts
- Experience with Looker, PowerBI, or Tableau
- Exposure to Data Science concepts
- Experience informing/drafting a product backlog for a data product
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.