Data Scientist at Walgreens
Applies advanced data analysis tools and techniques to provide insights and actionable recommendations for the business. Utilizes complex statistical modeling to make predictions about future outcomes and in multiple scenarios. May explain findings to business audience.
- Responsible for applying advanced data analysis tools and techniques to provide insights and actionable recommendations for the business. Utilizes complex statistical modeling to make predictions about future outcomes and in multiple scenarios.
- Interprets and applies data in complex analyses, and explains findings to business audiences to improve products and processes.
- May support or lead the development of data-related commercial offerings and/or other intellectual property (IP)
- Executes statistical and mathematical analyses to support business decision making.
- Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques such as predictive statistical models, customer profiling, segmentation analysis, survey design and analysis, and data mining.
- Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, leading approaches, final algorithm, detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
- Develops materials to explain project findings.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Prepares and presents interpretation of findings to internal clients.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in quantitative or computational functions; or graduate degree in a quantitative, computational or technical discipline
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience in data science, advanced analytics, or statistics. Ability to interrogate data, perform analyses, interpret data, and present to business audiences.
- Knowledge of open source data science and statistics packages such as Python, R, Spark, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships with internal (peers, business partners and leadership) and external (business community, clients and vendors) within a matrix organization to ensure quality standards for service.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Graduate degree in a quantitative, computational or technical discipline