Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 700,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you want to help a rapidly ascending FinTech company drive its next phase of growth? If so, Avant is looking for you. We’re building a best-in-class banking organization, and there’s a lot of opportunity to grow your skills and your career here. Come join us! Avant is looking for an experienced Data Scientist who’s ready to help build our banking product. As a Data Scientist you will be expected to help this team set the right mix of goals that will impact the whole business. A successful Data Scientist will collaborate with our product managers, data and engineering teams to proactively influence the direction of the company.
This position is Remote Eligible.
What you will do at Avant:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the company to identify opportunities for leveraging company data and third-party vendor data to drive business solutions
- Analyze product tests and recommend changes based on the data.
- Design and implement a/b tests to gain the data we need to make the best product possible.
- Analyze trends and connect data in new and innovative ways.
- Work with the team to measure impact and make updates to the model and service as needed.
- Communicate results, explain behavior of models, and set appropriate expectations with stakeholders.
- Strategize on building models and assist with deployments into production.
- Take ownership of specific business problems and goals.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for modeling and analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner to Sr. Management
- Develop and enhance processes and tools to monitor model performance and input data accuracy
Why you are fit for Avant:
- Bachelor's Degree in statistics, machine learning, computer science, econometrics, or other quantitative field
- 2+ years of financial services experience.
- 2+ years of analytical experience
- Prior experience in statistics and machine learning modeling techniques through coursework or professional experience
- Expertise in at least one statistical programming language such as R or Python
- Proven ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of SQL and data manipulation
- Strong Python skills, including object-oriented programming.
- A desire to work hard and do what it takes to build a product
- Enthusiasm to help other departments as needed and to foster a data-driven culture at Avant
- Passionate about building the best financial services experience out there.
- Experience with the different types of machine learning techniques.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.