Database Administrator at Pareto Intelligence
We are seeking a highly skilled SQL Developer with strong background and passion for T-SQL, Database Design and Data Modeling to engineer the backbone of several analytical tools and products. This is a hands-on technical role with extensive focus on coding, designing, testing, improving and implementing and less focus on managerial or administrative tasks. This is an engineering-focused role as opposed to an analytics role but knowledge and understanding of analytics is beneficial. The role involves working with other Software and Data Engineers to develop and review SQL code and Database Designs, make recommendations, tune and apply best practices.
The Ideal candidate is a person that really enjoys working with SQL and SQL Server and has deep experience with both. This person’s time would be a good split between head down writing new code and tuning updating existing logic, researching and implementing new features in SQL Server and other DB technologies, and discussing projects with Data Scientists and other engineers to deploy the right database structure and ETL processes.
- Extensive knowledge of Relational Database Concepts, database design, normalization and query optimization.
- Strong ability to design, develop and interpret logical and physical data models
- 5 to 7 years of programming experience designing, developing and supporting database applications, with emphasis on SQL and database design.
- Highly comfortable in developing optimized, well-structured, moderate to complex SQL in large database/data warehouse environments, with extensive use of table joins, aggregate functions, analytic/OLAP and built-in functions and SQL programming constructs and techniques
- Ability to explain concepts and share knowledge with team more junior team members.
- Moderate analytic skills with the ability to analyze and trace data through complex statistical analysis.
- Intermediate Knowledge of Healthcare domain, especially payer side business functions with regarding Medical/Pharmacy Claims and Membership data.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools such as Cognos, Tableau etc.
Pareto Intelligence is a leading healthcare solutions company modernizing the way health plans and providers succeed in value-based care. These solutions are supported by proprietary algorithms, predictive models and advanced data science that have analyzed over $100 billion in claims/medical costs and touched over 14 million lives. Through this, Pareto demystifies complex healthcare data and delivers actionable strategies to achieve complete and accurate revenue, communicate critical patient information seamlessly, and inspire more informed business decisions. Pareto was launched in 2013 by HealthScape Advisors, a privately held management consulting firm based in Chicago. That means Pareto’s pedigree is deep expertise and a pragmatic approach to executing solutions.
Pareto Intelligence is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.