Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a strong leader to head up our Business Intelligence department and work with stakeholders and company leadership to standardize and improve the analytics strategy here. Your work to improve our platform will be essential for our users - employees working at some of the largest companies in America.
Data analysis and reporting is some of the most important work we do here at PerkSpot. In this role, you will lead the competent and knowledgeable members of our Business Intelligence team to track company KPIs and determine if new features are running properly. You will also partner with C-level executives to execute the company’s analytics and reporting roadmaps, which will define success and investment needs for PerkSpot in the short- and long-term future.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from nearly 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Business Intelligence Team
The Business Intelligence team is made up of like-minded employees who are dedicated to PerkSpot’s success. You will mentor individuals who manage current and future reporting projects, develop and execute SQL queries, and maintain the existing warehouse structure. The Business Intelligence team also collaborates with every internal department on their current projects and KPIs, effectively controlling the quality of work done at PerkSpot and setting the tone for long-term, future growth.
Life as the Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics:
- Standardizing our analytics and reporting processes here at PerkSpot and working with internal teams to ensure these standards are being met
- Regularly running meetings with senior leadership and key stakeholders to identify ways to scale the business, based on analytical findings
- Partnering with leadership to advise on company decisions, like product features and customer needs
- Mentoring the Business Intelligence and Analytics team to success
- Overseeing the maintenance of active databases and reporting
- Consistently QA checking and auditing current reporting processes to find imperfections or anomalies
- Regularly running team meetings and brainstorming new features, solutions, and analytics ideas
What we’re looking for:
- 8-10+ years of experience in data analytics and business intelligence, with 3-5+ years of experience in a leadership role managing several reports and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Business Management, Data/Computer Science, or similar required; Graduate degree strongly preferred
- Past success establishing and executing upon analytics and intelligence strategies
- Rich understanding of platform analytics and how data can shape a business model
- Background in data visualization, reporting, and trend forecasting
- Experience working with stakeholders and C-level individuals
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to synthesize complicated data concepts into actionable solutions
- Desire to have a long-term impact on the company as a whole
- Proven enthusiasm for learning, problem-solving, and building processes from scratch
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- Excellent leadership skills with an organized, proactive attitude
What will REALLY help you stick out:
- Familiarity with SQL, JIRA, and/or Domo
- Experience establishing analytics processes in a high-growth startup environment
Your First Few Months:
During your training, you’ll work closely with our Business Intelligence team to learn our reporting processes and define our gaps in knowledge. From there, you will provide feedback on what changes shall be implemented, the team’s resources/bandwidth, and how to increase efficiency. Eventually, you’ll work with leadership to provide complex insights and advice on where to invest future funds, while identifying the team’s gaps and playing an important part in the recruiting and hiring process. All this work will have a strong impact on PerkSpot’s business for years to come.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.