This role of Director will need to be a very high level architect for the D&A technology agenda for the divisions and ensure it is included in the overall D&A portfolio and aligned with the divisional priorities. Contributes to the technology strategy definition and ensure the right capabilities are delivered to support the divisions. Responsible for implementing the strategic roadmap for Data & Analytics and develops the best solutions.Responsible for implementing data management initiatives to improve data quality within WBA. Responsible for working cross-functionally in a collaborative manner within a matrix environment. Evaluates risk and provides solutions to mitigate the presented risks.
- Works closely with the Divisional CIO’s and business stakeholders to establish how to deliver the WBA D&A strategy. Partners with Microsoft to build Data and Analytics platform in Azure that covers customer and operational data. Executes the strategy and global migration from current WBA data sources to the new Platform. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Executes on H1 Enterprise Data Analytics strategies and plans. Proactively addresses problems a cross functional areas of the business. Builds the formal frameworks and methodologies for approaching major strategic issues and creating new innovative concepts across the Enterprise for area of expertise.
- May counsels key stakeholders on area of expertise. Partners cross-functionally to translate and define business needs for area of responsibility to execute against.
- Ensures process and structural fit with key stakeholders. Performs as a focal point for cross-functional teams and liaison to stakeholders in developing and implementing frameworks. Develops effective working relationships with stakeholders to achieve targeted goals and/or solutions.
- Executes the strategy to sunset WBA’s legacy D&A platforms, including but not limited to Netezza, TeraData, Abacus.
- Strategically partners cross-functionally to develop the actionable roadmap to meet goals. Works with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations. Contributes to ensuring the correct Data & Analytics technology organization is developed to support the divisional needs.
- Uses technical knowledge to contribute to the governance of technology choices. Applies broad knowledge of D&A capabilities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Manages the portfolio of activities to deliver D&A capabilities to the divisions.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for specified area of responsibility. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Delivers presentations and provides reports for the business to provide best practice information which may include industry trends, methodologies, new tools, and processes. Serves as subject matter expert in one or more areas.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Works with external vendors and third parties to develop and maintain positive relationships. Builds and enhances internal and external partnerships. May establish and manage a broad range of internal/external relationships for the support of the technical aspects of the specified area of responsibility
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The Company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the U.S. and Europe. WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products. The Company’s size, scale, and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
Including through its equity method investments, WBA:
- is present in more than 25* countries
- employs more than 440,000* people
- has more than 18,750* stores in 11* countries
- has one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with more than 400* distribution centers delivering to more than 240,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries.
The Company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The Company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. Our businesses have been recognized for their Corporate Social Responsibility. Walgreens was named to FORTUNE*** magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list and Boots UK was recognized as Responsible Business of the Year 2019-2020 by Business in the Community.
The Company is included in FORTUNE's 2019 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies and ranked first in the food and drugstore category. This is the 26th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of experience in Technology Architecture OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience in Technology Architecture.
- At least 5 years of program management experience in advanced analytics or business intelligence and/or technology
- Experience with data management, advanced analytics or business intelligence, covering both traditional MI as well as big data analytics
- Experience with core data analytics tools and concepts, e.g. data warehouses, data lakes, data streaming, extract-transform-load (ETL), data integration, dashboards, etc.
- Knowledge of analytical methods, data science methods, especially machine learning and AI
- Experience with platform architecture that is cloud efficient
- Experience partnering with security to ensure platform is secured and regulatory compliant.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing cross-functional and/or matrix teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 4 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 4 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA or other advanced degree or CPM certification.
- Experience with Microsoft tools, such as Data Lake, Cosmos DB, SQL Server, AI, ML.
- Must have experience with leading deeply technical teams.