Director Data Management, Metadata and Data Quality at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Data Management – Metadata and Data Quality serves as data expert within the Advanced Analytics Platform organization. This is a strategic role which works in conjunction with the rest of the data team to deliver critical metadata and data quality data services for the enterprise and regulatory standards while driving value in the business in its data journey.
- Defines a prescriptive metadata and data quality strategy that is in alignment with the overall data strategy for the firm working with key business and technology stakeholders
- Engages with senior leadership across Discover, both within Technology and Business to understand their data needs and help them understand the role of metadata and data quality as a part of our overall strategy.
- Creates a roadmap to implement and manage an enterprise-class metadata and data quality solution that is sustainable with automation where possible.
- Champions and influences metadata and data quality adoption across lines of businesses, and geographies.
- Build enterprise wide dashboards and metrics to measure adoption of data management strategy
- Work with business data stewards to drive business ownership of data definitions and quality
- Enable automated metadata driven solutions accelerating time to market of key data capabilities
- Lead communication across various lines of businesses and technology partners to constantly monitor, collect, review, and roadmap business data requirements, and related technology solutions.
- Partner across organizations within data and analytics, risk, finance, architecture, and operations in developing frameworks strategy for all steps of data lifecycle from data acquisition to data delivery
- Serve as a point of contact to work closely with EPMO organization to assess alignment of major initiatives to the metadata and data quality strategy
- Advance emerging data product features for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advance analytics in partnership with various analytics and technology groups.
- In partnership with technology and platform teams define processes to evaluate data tools and vendors with rationalization across data and analytics, and drive consistency
- 8+ years of experience working with metadata, data quality and broadly data management functions
- Master’s degree in Information Systems Management or related field, or bachelor’s degree with relevant experience required
- Strong communication skills to lead interactions with business and technology leaders across the lines of businesses.
- Experience working with various vendors, building partnerships, establishing communication plans, user forums, trainings, and roadmap sessions
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end data lifecycle across traditional data warehouses, relational databases, operational data stores, business intelligence reporting, and big data analytics.
- Experience with dealing with newer/ less matured technologies, proof-of-concepts, driving pilots, and product evaluations.
- Knowledge of data technology products and components for Big Data and Cloud (AWS, Data Lakes, and similar).
- Experience developing and executing on data management strategy of external/third party data sets
- Experience supporting integrated data system designs, with near-real time data processing.
- Experience working in Financial Services Industry
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!