Director, Data Risk Management at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director, Data Risk Management will be responsible for the governance of the enterprise-wide Data Risk, Records Management, and End User Computing (EUC) risk management programs. This leader will oversee the implementation of these programs' governance frameworks, risk methodologies, and compliance assessments. In addition, this Director will provide consultation on risk areas to the business, as well as maintaining an education and awareness program.
- Sets strategic direction and priority for Data risk and compliance programs' initiatives/projects with a focus on operational risk oversight, continuous improvement, increased engagement of business partners, and compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and guidance.
- Sets strategic direction and priority for Record Management Risk and Oversight activities across the enterprise with a focus on operational risk oversight, development of a sustainable risk management framework and lifecycle, and ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and guidance.
- Sets strategic direction and priority for EUC Risk and Oversight activities across the enterprise with a focus on operational risk oversight, development of a sustainable risk management framework and lifecycle, and ensuring compliance with relevant laws.
- Develops strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, to include vendors, customers, and regulators to manage record management, EUC, and Data Governance related risk management efforts and program enhancements that support the overall enterprise-wide mission.
- Oversees legal and regulatory compliance programs for record management, EUC, and data governance across the enterprise, to include testing and attestation.
- Develops policies, standards and promotes risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, retain, recognize and promote high performing talent while also addressing low performing individuals.
- Provides timely coaching, feedback, and direction to employees to help them develop their capabilities and enable them to perform to their potential.
- Consults to the business and drives engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, security and intelligence, information technology, or a related field required. Higher education preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in intelligence, risk management, business resilience, security, compliance, audit, or a related field.
- 6+ years of management experience leading large teams with enterprise responsibilities
- Financial Service industry experience strongly preferred.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.