Enterprise Architecture Business Architect at Walgreens
This role plays an integral part in bridging business needs into technology solution definitions. Creates a holistic view of WBA business program over applicable scopes and the people, processes, information and technology roadmaps to achieve the strategic intent. The Business Architect partners with both business and technology groups to define the high-level approach and technology solutions required to align with the WBA’s goals that groups required to enable the solution and the Company’s mission and vision. The Business Architect incorporates WBA’s processes, governance, technology standards and/or integrates emerging technologies across our technology portfolios to develop a solution which achieves the overall business goal. May direct staff members through direct or indirect oversight.
- Works with IT Leadership to create the strategic roadmap for platforms/systems. Works to align the IT strategy and planning with the Company’s business goals and targets. Understands the business strategies and implementation models to represent a view of the business
- Develops and maintains the enterprise architecture and capability models in alignment with the overall IT vision, supporting the information needs of the business and/or may guide and perform research and discovery activities, vet ideas, explore and validate emerging technologies, trends and possibilities relevant to strategic and technical direction, while supporting business innovation and playing the role of a change agent
- Partners with business and technology subject-matter experts to communicate business priorities, elicit and translate business requirements into technological solutions. Partners with Solution Architects to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable architectural solution
- Maintains policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the company. Manages and/or facilitates Review Boards to evaluate project and technology proposals for architectural or technology fit
- Provides, regular visibility, and communicates the business perspectives and IT implications to stakeholders to help scope business and technology long term value/vision
- Facilitates the sharing of architecture best practices throughout the architecture community and the IT organization
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Mentors and guides less experienced architects through onboarding, training, and/or development.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in an IT, Enterprise Business Analyst and/or an Architecture role OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or an Architecture role.
- Experience in domain-specific business architecture concepts and methodologies (Value Streams, Capability Modeling, Process Modeling, Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Canvas, Persona Design, Design Thinking, Design Patterns, BIZBOK, Frameworks)
- At least 1 year of experience in Business Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones;
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users, management, and leadership in the selection and adoption of technical solutions.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors. Experience coordinating and facilitating executive management meetings.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Knowledge of project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- 3 years of experience in Business Architecture strong preferred
- Experience with leading enterprise architecture frameworks such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
- Knowledge of healthcare and retail industry trends, typical solutions and strategic directions
- Experience as an Solutions Architect at the Enterprise level
- Experience with Agile methodologies