HR Compliance & Payroll Analyst at Keeper Security, Inc.
Keeper Security, Inc., ("Keeper®"), an Insight Partners’ portfolio company and the creator of PC Magazine's 2019 & 2020's Best Password Manager is transforming the way businesses and individuals protect their passwords and sensitive digital assets to significantly reduce cyber theft. As the leading password security platform, Keeper helps millions of people and thousands of businesses substantially mitigate the risk of a data breach. Keeper is SOC 2 Certified, ISO 27001 Certified, and utilizes best-in-class encryption to safeguard its customers.
Keeper Security, Inc. is in a hyper growth phase, and we’re looking to add a payroll rockstar to our expanding People Ops team. The newly created People Ops HR Compliance & Payroll Analyst will lead all payroll related People Ops compliance initiatives, including the roll out of non-exempt employee timesheets (and related policies) along with completing weekly payrolls with an emphasis on accuracy, timeliness, compliance and, importantly, excellent employee communication. Additionally, this role will request and compile data/reports from the HRIS (ADP Workforce Now) and assist in the maintenance of our HRIS. This position reports directly to the People Ops Manager and provides support to the entire Keeper organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Payroll Support & Processing (50%)
- Review timecard records for errors and unexplained variances, work with managers and supervisors across the company to assist with new policy creation, approvals, corrections and security access.
- Conversant at working within ADP Workforce now, with specific emphasis on the onboarding tool & new hire paperwork features.
- When applicable, ensure that all new hires, status changes and terms are processed in compliance with established expectations specific to system entry, turnaround times and confirmations.
- Respond to payroll questions with accuracy and urgency with an efficient, employee centric approach.
- Ensure payroll practices are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and federal, state and IRS regulations.
- Primary for payroll processing and is accountable to the timely and accurate prep, transmittal and reconciliation of weekly payrolls (with People Ops Manager as backup.)
- Maintains and utilizes the established payroll checklist/reports process and adheres to preview and closing deadlines.
- Process and distribute final paychecks and other specific termination paperwork as required by law when applicable, including helping with COBRA administration or adjustments.
Reporting & Compliance (25%)
- Creates and runs ad hoc queries in ADP Reporting as requested, also responsible to create custom reports for both internal and external customers (for example, financial/ accounting requests, census, EEOC, Worker’s Compensation data, wage analysis, etc.).
- Leads the implementation and administration of state and local sick pay programs including FMLA family leave from an employee relations and payroll perspective.
- Maintains the vacation, sick/personal and holiday program, and has expertise in the management of time accruals.
- 401k administration which includes functions such as, file transmissions, compliance testing, 5500 reporting and serves as a primary contact for TPA and auditors.
- Leads payroll related aspects of both annual ACA and EEO reporting and other state and local compliance programs.
- Helps facilitate FSA discrimination testing through our provider, Further
- Support the People Ops Manager with creation and implementation of an Affirmative Action Plan for our recruiting team with our preferred outsourced provider
- Responsible for staying current on all state & local laws impacting compliance and to avoid liability to the company; properly interpreting and applying state laws and regulations.
Systems & Data Integrity (10%)
- Leads the review and confirms the accuracy of W-2 components and other similar documents, release and distribution in accordance with established deadlines.
- Strong collaboration with team leads and managers on tactical execution of sick & leave programs, time card approvals and initiatives/ programs.
- Follows a regular audit cadence and investigates and corrects data irregularities, including state and municipal taxes.
- Acts proactively and with a sense of urgency to independently problem solve and is motivated to improve processes. While we are a very tight knit team, this role will require a fair amount of autonomy and someone who is a self starter..
- Leverages ADP partnerships for help and collaboration.
- Assumes a lead position for implementation and adherence of HRIS system upgrades and regulatory updates. (We just recently switched to ADP Workforce now and have a few outstanding implementation items that we are looking for help to finalize.)
- Seeks and implements new functionality that will positively impact the user experience.
- Consistently documents and updates all applicable payroll processes to insure both continuity of processing and reliable tools for reference.
- Able to mentor, train and teach others on process and systems.
Human Resources Generalist (15%)
- Ability and desire to learn and grow as an HR Generalist. We are looking for someone to do general Human Resources duties as backup of the People Ops Manager as needed. This includes (but is not limited to) onboarding, offboarding, and benefits administration. This role has the ability to grow and take on more responsibilities in the People Ops function as our team expands.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in related field preferred
- 2+ years of proven work experience in a payroll processing role required, with an extensive ADP Workforce Now and ADP reporting preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, and Excel.
- Assurance to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and respect all operational controls
- Experience in payroll processing with a presence in multiple states
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and exercise good judgment
- Ability to professionally and collaboratively interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Effective written and verbal communication and decision-making skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail combined with an analytical eye
- Adhere to Keeper Security’s Values, with an emphasis on teamwork, and ability to maintain strong corporate unity
- Desire to expand and learn HR Generalist functions (as needed)
Keeper is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.