Kin Academy Product/Functional Analyst at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is seeking a Junior Product Analyst to join our incoming Kin Academy class of 2021. This Junior Product Analyst will complete a rigorous curriculum designed to prepare them for work with our clients. Upon completion of the 2 month curriculum, this Junior Analyst will assist Agile teams in developing and executing product work for a variety of clients. Successful candidates will be self-motivated and hardworking with strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize. We will have multiple openings for Kin Academy Class of 2021 starting September 2021.
Kin Academy is a 2-month intensive curriculum designed for new college graduates looking to start a career in digital technology consulting. The Product Analyst curriculum is split into 3 tracks:
Core Curriculum: In addition to welcoming the Kin Academy class of 2021, this discipline-agnostic track will introduce students to working in digital product consulting. Junior product analysts, developers, and designers will attend the core curriculum together, covering agile best practices, customer experience driven design, consulting 101, and other core knowledge areas that will put students on the track for a successful career at Kin + Carta.
Functional Curriculum: The following two weeks will upskill Junior Product Analysts in their role on an agile delivery team, touching on topics like writing user stories, hosting prioritization sessions, acting as a scrum master, and quality assurance. Content in this track will be specific to the responsibilities of a functional role on a delivery team (Product, Scrum, and QA).
Practical: With support from senior leaders in digital product consulting, the Kin Academy class of 2021 will deliver real working software for one of Kin + Carta’s top clients. The team will work together with other Kin + Carta team members, applying what they learned during the Core and Functional curriculums to deliver value to a real client. Upon completion of the Practical, Kin Academy students will graduate and will join other teams around the firm to apply their knowledge on a variety of projects.Upon completion of curriculum, Job Responsibilities will be as follows
- Managing work for the iPhone/Android/iPad/Mobile Web work streams for clients
- Assisting in the creation and implementation of successful software development lifecycles (planning, design, development, testing, and deployment)
- Working with both the business and technology teams to create industry leading digital products
- Facilitating necessary team meetings (Sprint planning, daily standups, feedback meetings, sprint reviews/retrospectives, etc.)
- Facilitating estimation meetings using relative effort estimation techniques
- Conducting business analysis
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT related field
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable working closely with the development team
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Basic understanding of Agile/Scrum roles, artifacts, and ceremonies
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- 2+ years of experience (inclusive of internships and upper level college courses)
- Experience in business analysis
- Knowledge in mobile or emerging technology
- Curious and quick learner – you enjoy working with emerging technology and are always on the lookout for what’s next
- Great communication skills and finds enjoyment when given the opportunity to work on a team
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you are constantly looking to improve and push your boundaries
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask in dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic – you are a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a high-energy, rapidly growing environment
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.