Lead Counterparty Risk Analyst at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The CCR team is seeking an energetic and motivated team player to assist in the evolution and enhancement of counterparty credit risk management reporting to senior management, executives and regulators. This role offers an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to many parts of the business and also learn about credit and enterprise risk management practices.
- Oversee the collection, review and assimilation of counterparty credit data into meaningful reports and metrics for senior management, executives and the Board
- Assist in important regulatory reporting efforts (CCAR, Economic Capital and Key Risk Indicators)
- Be a thought leader to drive improvements in existing reporting processes
- Track and communicate industry news and regulatory developments to facilitate a more proactive approach to risk identification and management
- Maintain ongoing positive relationships with business partners throughout the organization
- Occasionally assist in credit reviews for counterparties, due diligence for new initiatives, effective challenge on existing processes and other ad hoc projects
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, International Business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Commercial Credit, Commercial Bankruptcy, Financial Statement, GAAP, IFRS, Payments, Contracts, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Commercial Credit, Commercial Bankruptcy, Financial Statement, GAAP, IFRS, Payments, Contracts, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in a banking or a financial services firm
- Intellectual Curiosity with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office( Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Experience with Bloomberg is a plus
- Dedicated to accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate tasks with colleagues across many area of the organization.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification or comparable regulatory compliance certification
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.