Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Do you enjoy developing highly available, low latent micro-services that interact with large data sets? Are you interested in helping advanced analytics propel the business forward? Are you interested in learning about data sciences libraries like H20 and others?
If you answered Yes to these questions, you might be a great addition to our team! You’ll be working in the Enterprise Decision Technology organization to bring forth solutions for the data science teams to build, integrate and productize real time and batch applications for all product lines including card and bank. You’ll be working on a dynamic team who is constantly flexing to meet the needs of the business and next generation cloud technologies.
You’ll be an advocate for different technologies within the cloud, preferably AWS, and know when to use certain technologies to efficiently build solutions.
- Develop, coach and mentor other software engineers on the best practices providing domain and technical best practice guidance.
- Own the run time performance of your platform ensuring it’s behaving as expected.
- Technical point of contact for product teams as it relates to automation, CI/CD, and DevOps.
- Developing secure design patterns for analytics architectures deployed in the public cloud and/or orchestrated container environments using a ‘security first’ mindset.
- Build automation to actively audit the infrastructure for misconfigurations.
- Develop container image lifecycle management systems.
- Ability to adapt communication for effectiveness with business partners and other technical teams.
- In a team setting with other DevOps engineers, design and build tools and automation scripts that enable developers, data scientists and business analysts to easily consume cloud-native services.
- 5+ years’ experience developing services in Java, Python or Scala in a highly available low latent environment using proper design patterns.
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Working familiarity of Docker and other containerization technologies providing horizontal scaling such as Kubernetes or Openshift.
- Knowledge of working with CI/CD pipelines to ensure automated build, testing, and deployment using Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus and SonarQube.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Experience unit and service level tests to ensure adequate code coverage.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres and understanding of columnar data stores such as Redshift or Snowflake.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with integration of decision management tools or other rules engines.
- Experience in real time and batch environments
- Agile development practices
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.