Lead Data Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Global Network Analytics (GNA) team within the Payments Services business unit, is seeking a Lead Data Engineer with at least 4+ years of experience working on high-volume, transactional data. He/ She should be familiar with Data warehousing and Cloud technologies.
- The lead Data Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing new BI dashboards and migration of data from Teradata to Cloud.
- Manage multiple Payment Services projects through all life cycle phases using SDLC methodologies.
- Work closely with business partners to clearly define and capture project requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between business and technology teams.
- The lead Data Engineer will be the trendsetter for the Payments business unit and will be the primary contact for implementation / execution of all processes leveraging Cloud technologies.
- Optimize the existing processes with creative and innovative ideas
- Manage and maintain the overall project tasks and timeline. Ensure all project milestone dates are agreed upon and achieved.
- Coordinate the project team to assess the technical and operational impacts of a project.
- Provide timely status reporting with management and business partners.
- Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks leveraging open source tools and data processing frameworks.
- Designs and develops complex and critical data projects.
- Develops, implements, and supports application codes and analytical models.
- Creates and enhances data solutions that enable seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.
- Designs and develops real time processing solutions
The analytics team provides insights to the Payments Business unit by leveraging the following tools and software
SAS for Machine Learning models, Python, Teradata, Snowflake, Airflow, H20, SQL, UNIX, Tableau & MS suite of products
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of work experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in data platform administration/engineering
- Knowledge and experience using query languages (SQL, Cypher) for relational and graph databases
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working with H2O and Airflow
- Willingness to continuously learn & share learnings with others
- Experience working in an agile and collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and professional speaking skills
- Passion for learning and interest in pursuing classroom training and self-discovery on a variety of emerging technologies
- Experience within the financial industry
What are you waiting for? Apply today!