Lead Data Engineer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for designing and developing data-driven platforms and next-generation analytic technologies.
- Designs and develops complex and critical data projects.
- Designs and develops real-time processing solutions.
- Creates and enhances data solutions that enable seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.
- Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks, leveraging open-source tools and data-processing frameworks.
- Develops, implements, and supports application codes and analytical models.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
- 6 months of experience performing the same work or equivalent skills and experience
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.