Lead Data Governance Consultant (Tableau Lead)
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Evolve and implement our long-term enterprise data management program as a leader of the Enterprise Data Governance team. Drive tracking of the data catalog, data quality, data stewardship, metadata management, and sensitive data management programs through developing Tableau dashboards and data visualization displaying various KRIs/KPIs and tracking statistics.
As a Lead Data Governance Consultant focused on Tableau dashboards, you will develop and implement the dashboards tracking the data catalog, data quality, data stewardship, metadata management, and sensitive data management activities. Build productive working relationships with Business Technology and Business Unit teams to mature and implement the data governance data visualization.
This role is focused on the development of the Tableau dashboard data visualization of the Data Governance Program across the enterprise.
- Leads the design, development, implementation and evolution of a long-term enterprise data management and governance program
- Builds productive working relationships with the federated data governance groups within the company providing tools, capabilities and frameworks to evolve the maturity of those federated groups
- Partners with external vendors and industry experts to evolve the data management and governance program using industry frameworks, templates and expert organizations
- Develops and implements the Tableau dashboard data visualization of the Enterprise Data Governance Program.
- Lead application development teams, data stewards, subject matter experts and other business and IT staff to execute data governance initiatives.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technology
- 4+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Metadata Management, Data Quality
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Metadata Management, Data Quality
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Metadata Management, Data QualityDeep knowledge and expertise with Tableau dashboards and data visualization required.
- Understanding of data governance concepts and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and upper level management.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills including effective negotiation, conflict management, and ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Self-starter with the initiative to act upon opportunities with little direction and moderate oversight.
- Agile development methodologies or Lean Six Sigma
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.