Lead Data Solutions Architect
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Enterprise Data Architecture & Strategy team at Discover is looking for an experienced Lead Data Solutions Architect to join a diverse team dedicated to data architecture, strategy and logical data modeling. On this team you will collaborate closely with others to understand enterprise requirements and develop and design data architecture.
In this role you will:
- Create reference data architecture for all data across the company
- Document current and target state data flows
- Be a thought leader and share your expertise with an extended team
- Drives optimal reference architecture that efficiently and effectively presents an integrated view of enterprise data for both operational and analytical needs.
- Defines logical concepts such as ODS, EDW, Data Marts and Operational Reporting (batch, real-time, near real-time)
- Documents current state data flows covering interfaces, data stores, transport technologies and the source and destination of data
- Creates target state data flows covering registered interfaces, alignment to reference architecture, alignment to sources of truth, Master data/CRM like solutions across the enterprise
- Promotes reusability with an enterprise view, simplifies architecture landscape
- Covers service-level requirements such as availability, volume of data, response time, and security and privacy.
- Provides guidance to application development areas by applying knowledge of data warehouse design, extract-transform-load (ETL) design and development
- Support the creation and implementation of data strategy and future state architecture
- Provide support for the roll-out of enterprise data modeling, data stewardship, metadata and data quality processes and tools.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Management Information System, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in hands-on programming, architecting and integrating solutions for complex business problems, and modernizing to next-generation data applications, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in hands-on programming, architecting next-generation data applications
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of relevant hands-on data architecture experience
- 2+ years of relevant hands-on exposure to building data and analytics solutions on AWS
- 2+ years of ETL architecture experience (Ab Initio or cloud-native tools)
- Experience with variety of databases e.g. Teradata, Oracle, Maria DB, Snowflake
- Experience building architectural patterns at scale, including thoughtfully-designed data solutions, repeatable data pipelines, and efficient software engineering principles
- Sound understanding of CI/CD, infrastructure engineering and building future ready technology solutions
- Experience with building data warehouses, marts, business intelligence reports and operational systems
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the data space and ability to recommend solutions
- Strong presentation skills
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.