Lead Data Solutions Architect at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. Weandrsquo;re all about people, and our employees are why Discover a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.Responsible for driving data architecture that efficiently and effectively presents an integrated view of enterprise data for operational and analytical business processes. Defines and develops data integration solutions that meet data management and data security requirements.h4Responsibilities/h4Resolves issues for data flow, quality, and ownership. Tests data management and data architecture standards and policies.Conducts proof-of-concept testing in data integration, data analysis, and data analytics.Designs and develops data services, business intelligence, and analytics applications and solutions. Partners with technology teams to oversee data warehouse application development efforts. Supports the development of data integrations, data visualizations, and data analytics solutions. Resolves data quality and data ownership issues. Ensures compliance with policies and standards.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Management Information System, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in hands-on programming, architecting and integrating solutions for complex business problems, and modernizing to next-generation data applications, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in hands-on programming, architecting next-generation data applications
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of relevant hands-on data architecture experience
- 2+ years of relevant hands-on exposure to building data and analytics solutions on AWS
- 2+ years of ETL architecture experience (Ab Initio or cloud-native tools)
- Experience with variety of databases e.g. Teradata, Oracle, Maria DB, Snowflake
- Experience building architectural patterns at scale, including thoughtfully-designed data solutions, repeatable data pipelines, and efficient software engineering principles
- Sound understanding of CI/CD, infrastructure engineering and building future ready technology solutions
- Experience with building data warehouses, marts, business intelligence reports and operational systems
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the data space and ability to recommend solutions
- Strong presentation skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.