Lead Operations Strategy Analyst at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Lead Operations Strategy Analyst
The Lead Operations Strategy role supports home loan origination activities with a focus on operational quality and risk management. The role will contribute to initiatives to improve customer experience, lower cycle times, and ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulations. The position is a critical interface with field operations and works with technology, corporate risk and compliance functions to ensure seamless implementation of change initiatives. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who thinks strategically, and can drive change through thoughtful planning, collaboration, and negotiation.
Be the subject matter expert and process owner for Quality Assurance activities across Originations. Collaborates with business partners on process enhancements, communicates operational implications, and suggests alternatives that may achieve the same objectives but with more favorable impact to operations (e.g., lower cost, less complexity),
- Actively monitors key operational performance indicators and third-party vendor service servicing quality levels.
- Develop and lead execution of plans to achieve and/or maintain performance targets.
- Develops any necessary remediation plans and ensures their timely completion.
- Manages process and system-related projects from idea to implementation.
- Be the process owner for Quality Control activities, including:
- Identify, develop, and lead the implementation of related process improvement and control enhancement opportunities (must manage cross-functional relationships).
- Coordinate with Field Operations, internal Customer Experience and Product Management teams to resolve and diagnose root causes of unexpected issues.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive documentation of related policies, procedures, process maps, controls, system functionality/logic, and training materials.
- Establish and maintain quality standards in collaboration with business, risk and compliance partners
- Tracks and reports operational readiness, results, and impacts related to new initiatives.
- Administer loan file issue resolution and correction; develop process workarounds to ensure continuous production, compliance with policy and regulations, and minimization of risk.
At a minimum, here is what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Arts and Sciences, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Customer Service or Financial Services Operations
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Customer Service or Financial Services Operations
If we had our say, we would also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, Arts and Sciences, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in applicable line of business (Home Loans, Deposits, Personal Loans, Student Loans), or related field
- Lean certification
- Proven experience with process improvement, DMS, project management, and process management.
• Excellent Communication Skills (Written / Verbal)
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.