Manager Modeling at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of data scientists/modelers to provide modeling solutions to Discover businesses, while adhering to enterprise compliance and governance standards.
- Direct and lead the team to develop models, utilizing machine learning and other algorithms.
- Present the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management or other end users.
How You’ll Do It
- Motivate and mentor the team of data scientists/modelers to grow their skills and careers―creating a nurturing environment that encourages innovation and continual learning.
- Leverage deep technical knowledge and leadership skills to drive development of data-science solutions and implement data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Act as a liaison among decision management, business technology teams, and other business partners in model-lifecycle to escalate model time to market.
- Build relationships with business partners.
- Allocate resources and prioritize projects, ensuring modeling projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques, and support the advancement of "best-in-class" analytical capabilities to unlock new proficiencies and enhance performance, and quickly adapt to modern modeling techniques. Demonstrate technical knowledge in analytical tools.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Master's degree in statistics, math, computer science, engineering, economics, or related quantitative field
- 4+ years of experience in project management and modeling, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Ph.D. in statistics, math, computer science, engineering, economics, or related quantitative field
- 6+ years of experience in the financial service industry, or related field
- 1+ years of experience in people management
- PMP, Lean Certified, Teradata, SQL
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.