Media Measurement, Data Scientist at Walgreens
They will build and validate predictive and probabilistic models, using statistical modeling and data mining on both structured and unstructured data. With experience rooted in industry standards to drive statistical soundness as well as algorithmic and mathematical accuracy, the Media Measurement Data Scientist is core to delivering campaign results to Walgreens retail media clients.
The Media Measurement Data Scientist should be able to collaborate with Media, Sales and Creative teams to ensure campaign impact is properly considered and communicated to suppliers. The Media Measurement Data Scientist will have a voice and a role as an integral part of the Walgreens retail media team, by making strategic measurement and impact recommendations and providing direction as it relates to campaign measurement.
- Build and validate predictive and probabilistic models to deliver Walgreens retail media campaign results to suppliers.
- Statistical modeling and data mining on both structured and unstructured data.
- Create an automated approach to sharing campaign results in real-time, or as prescribed, for a large scale of clients.
- Write and define queries to fetch data and compile data into a translatable format for the push to BI tools.
- Creation and maintenance of measurement approach, with the ability to scale offerings and outputs up and down in line with to support the highest tier and introductory analytics needs.
- Focus on closed-loop reporting methodology, approach, and deployment for key suppliers, with impactful, understandable outputs to highlight success and detail future opportunities.
- Collaboration with media, audience, sales and operations teams to ensure timely, effective solutions to support Walgreens retail media programs.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in quantitative or computational functions; or graduate degree in a quantitative, computational or technical discipline and at least 2 years of experience in quantitative or computational functions
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Advanced knowledge of open source data science and statistics packages such as Python, R, Spark, etc.
- Experience in data science, advanced analytics, or statistics.
- Experience interrogating data, performing analyses, interpreting data, and presenting findings to business audiences.
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships with internal (peers, business partners and leadership) and external (business community, clients and vendors) within a matrix organization to ensure quality standards for service.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex business issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience presenting to all levels of an organization
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Graduate degree in a quantitative, computational or technical discipline