Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 5 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $600 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Merchandising Enrichment Analyst will be an analytical, collaborative professional who obsesses over quality and improving the customer experience through data analysis and providing informed insights and context to various business opportunities and decisions.
- Analyze product, category, supplier, and brand performance data to continuously improve the scoring methodology for Zoro’s content enrichment strategy.
- Identify, score & label various sets of products using content enrichment methodology.
- Provide holistic perspectives and present the 'why' behind decisions to management and other team members.
- Work directly with cross functional teams to provide guidance and context on using content enrichment strategy.
- Create relevant enrichment reports and dashboards to educate business on overall enrichment performance and status of projects.
- Maintain data integrity and team processes for various data enrichment labeling and tiering models.
- Identify inefficiencies within existing data models and help prototype, test, and approve new solutions.
- Provide continuous feedback to drive process improvements and the quality of the tools being used in order to strengthen and improve team performance and efficiency.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge and expertise of current company tools, systems, and processes across the organization to understand how they operate together.
- Document and regularly present results and status of ongoing projects to the leadership team.
- Bachelor's Degree; Preferred degree in Computer Science, Library Science, Analytics, Finance or Business
- 3+ yrs. experience in eCommerce or data analysis related work
- Experience using Google Big Query, JIRA, Python, Excel
- Advanced problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- High business acumen with ability to focus on what’s most important to achieve team & company goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to effectively communicate detailed or technical information to individuals with non-technical experience
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to easily manage multiple projects effectively
- Comfortable collaborating and presenting to all levels of management
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.