Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Develop predictive models to support Discover’s business partners.
- Design and develop models, utilizing machine learning and other algorithms.
- Present the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management or other end users.
How You’ll Do It
- Research and leverage state-of-the-art modeling techniques; participate in modeling innovation.
- Leverage extensive, deep technical knowledge and leadership skills to drive the development of data-science solutions, and implement data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Maintain a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques, and support the advancement of the "best-in-class" analytical capabilities to unlock new capabilities and performance, and quickly adapt to modern modeling techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge in analytical tools.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Master's degree in statistics, math, computer science, engineering, economics, or related quantitative field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Ph.D. in math, computer science, engineering, economics, or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in developing data-based analytical solutions, financial service industry, modeling, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.