Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
As an Operational Compliance Specialist, you will be responsible for the oversight and testing of policies and procedures across the full customer lifecycle. The function serves as the “first line of defense” and through testing and analysis the Specialist ensures adherence to credit policies, servicing agreements, and general regulatory requirements. Among other responsibilities, the Operational Compliance Specialist will work closely with key business stakeholders to identify areas of risk and establish the proper testing controls and report findings, where applicable, to Senior Management.
What you do at Avant
- Conduct targeted testing of credit applications, servicing policies, etc. to ensure all aspects of the customer lifecycle are in compliance with internal and external rules and regulations
- Draft testing reports including recommendations to improve policies, procedures, efficiencies, and controls
- Work collaboratively with other business groups within the company to evaluate potential issues, identify trends, and suggest process improvements
Why you are a fit for Avant
- Possess strong research and analytical skills to identify, document, and report findings
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Technically proficient; Knowledge of SQL preferred
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.