Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is expanding its Operations Strategy team in Chicago. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-driven candidate to join our Operational Insights group. Operations Insights is a project-based team that takes on data and process challenges and develops scalable, holistic solutions to accomplish core business objectives. We partner with teams to solve problems and push them forward for greater efficiency and organizational impact. We leverage our technical skills, analytical skills, process optimization experience, and relationships with other shared service teams to recommend and implement the right solution. Core to the responsibility of each member of the Operations Strategy team is to continually challenge the status quo to ensure optimization of all processes that support the full customer life-cycle - your work will have a direct impact on the bottom line of the business.
Please Note: This position is considered remote eligible and we are accepting applicants outside of the Chicago market.
What you'll do at Avant:
- Partner with teams to analyze data sets to drive insights leading to risk reduction, improved efficiencies, and better outcomes.
- Coordinate with department leaders and business stakeholders to better understand objectives to ensure that operational processes align with product and business goals.
- Partner with teams to understand core business reporting needs and build or modify existing reporting solutions.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
What you might own at Avant:
- Continually think of new ways that data-based insights can drive operational improvements.
- Author and deliver executive level reporting packages that are key to understanding the health of the business and driving strategic decisions.
- Collaborate with the data team in supporting the data infrastructure with Operations data subject matter expertise
Why you're a fit at Avant:
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven, strong desire to develop new skill sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to present finding and recommendations to senior managementExceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Sense of ownership for work product, ensuring deliverables are well tested and well formulated
- Able to break a complex problem into discrete solvable componentsHigh level of inquisitiveness, initiative, and critical thinking
- BA/BS in Finance, Math or analytical field preferred
- Relevant experience in a Data Analytics, Process Improvement, Cost Reporting, or FP&A role preferred
- Data analysis experience in Excel, SQL, or Python preferred
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.