Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Let’s get to business. Avant is looking for a new Strategy & Operations Analyst to join the Strategy and Operations team in Chicago.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-driven candidate who is excited by the thought of building operations from the ground up (and then making them BIG.) You should be comfortable jumping between data analytics and daily operations, technology and vendor relations.
In your role as an Strategy & Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for driving the execution of our existing collection strategy by conducting actionable data analysis and creating and maintaining insightful, regular reporting for senior management. You will also help maintain models and operational dashboards to monitor specific KPIs and work closely with Engineering, Finance, Product, Legal and other teams across the company. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze customer service or (outbound) collection strategies and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identify opportunities for automation and system improvements
- Manage process tasks internally and externally
- Develop and maintain regular reporting process, both internal and external business unit facing, to drive operational improvements
- Assist in the preparation of documentation required to meet any reporting requirements
- Maintain weekly reporting on core KPI’s specific to collection strategy and execution
- Effectively communicate analysis and improvement initiatives
- Work cross-functionally to manage projects which focus on increasing collections or limiting risk and gains in efficiency
- Test new strategies, tools, and products to maximize departmental performance
- Experience with process improvement, management consulting, and/or analytics required
- Experience with driving new projects, balancing business needs vs technical constraints, and coordinating across cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to improve performance by analyzing and managing key performance indicators, developing a strategy based on observations and implementing the strategy
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established deadlines
- Ability to understand the objectives of the department and how they interact with other business units
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel and Presentation tools
- Intermediate to advanced SQL
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions
- An inquisitive mindset and an openness to do things differently and more efficiently
Why Avant is a fit for you: At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:We value, support, and help each other growWe are committed to active inclusion and diversityWe are transparent and believe the best idea winsWe succeed when our customers succeedWe get sh!t done… responsiblyAnd we keep it fun! We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.