Overnight Trading Analyst
Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As an Overnight Trading Analyst, you’ll have an opportunity to combine the disciplines of risk management, research and technology to create optimal trading and investment strategies within the regulatory framework and under the guidance of senior traders on your desk. Teams are close-knit groups and will allow new traders to grow into a more discretionary role without a prolonged training period by trading overnight. If you’re looking for responsibility early in your career and the opportunity to have an impact on a desk, this is the role for you.
*Please note- this role requires you to work overnight, roughly from the hours of 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM*
What you’ll do in this role….
- Monitor positions and execute trade strategies overnight within established frame work defined by senior traders on your team
- Research and analyze trends across major financial markets and cultivate a thorough understanding of current world events and their impact across financial markets
- Collaborate on the research, development, and implementation of trading strategies
- Investigate the potential application of existing strategies to new asset classes
- Perform post-trade analysis of strategies while utilizing custom technology systems
- Communicate relevant news, market events, and system behaviors to team members
You’ll be right at home if you have….
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, or related field graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- A sound grasp of probability and statistics, as well as risk/reward and expected values
- Interest in the financial markets and price formation
- Self-motivation, enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments that often involve calculated risk
- An ability to communicate effectively and work well in teams but also be willing to work independently when needed
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets, and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus, and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and thoughtful collaboration.