Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of programmers/data engineers for gathering, structuring, and analyzing data to support Discover’s modeling needs.
- Support the development and automation of standard data analyses, reports, and dashboards.
How You’ll Do It
- Demonstrate technical knowledge in analytical tools.
- Gather, structure, and analyze data from multiple sources, presenting the results of data analyses, as well as recommendations, to management and process owners.
- Partner with the business to identify the appropriate data sources and analysis methodology to meet business needs.
- Develop comprehensive cost-benefit analyses to capture financial and other impacts of initiatives.
- Coach and guide less experienced analytical professionals in statistical concepts, principles, and tools.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/information technology, engineering, statistics, mathematics
- 4+ years of experience in programming with a concentration in data science, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in computer science/information technology, engineering, statistics, mathematics, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in programming with a concentration in data science, or related field
- SQL statistical applications, such as SQL and/or SAS
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.