Principal Data Engineer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for using knowledge to apply a hands-on approach with next generation technologies to contribute to the team that delivers the latest data-driven platforms & next generation analytic technologies. This role is for a data ETL lead on a large-scale (100+ files / 50+ applications), multi-year application migration platform for Finance. Experience with AWS/S3 is optimal.
- Provides senior-level technical consulting to peer-data engineers during design and development for highly complex and critical data projects.
- Provides engineering leadership to create and enhance data solutions enabling seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.
- Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks leveraging Open-Source tools such as NiFi, Sqoop, Hive, Java, Pig, Python, as well as data processing/transformation frameworks leveraging Open-Source tools.
- Provides support for deployed data applications and analytical models.
- Designs and develops real-time processing solutions using Open-Source tools.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!