Principal Data Governance Consultant at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, implement and sustain a long-term enterprise data management and governance program incorporating industry frameworks, templates and expert organizations.
- Be accountable for the design, development and implementation of data quality, data stewardship, metadata management and sensitive data management applications.
- Build productive working relationships with the company’s federated data governance groups.
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Operate as a subject matter expert on statistical analysis, test and design of experiment, analysis methodology, modeling & application, and financial impact analysis.
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs. Facilitate implementation of work product and ensure accuracy.
- Promote a risk-aware culture to ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
How You’ll Do It
- Build productive working relationships with the federated data governance groups within the company — providing tools, capabilities and frameworks to evolve the maturity of those federated groups.
- Partner with external vendors and industry experts to evolve the data management and governance program, using industry frameworks, templates and expert organizations.
- Lead the design, development, implementation and evolution of a long-term enterprise data management and governance program.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations
- As a subject matter expert implement, mentor partners on statistical analysis and publish BI reporting and dashboards leveraging Cloud and on primases technologies like SAS,R, Python, SQL—Oracle, Teradata & Snowflake.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 6+ years of experience in IT work experience, data analysis, metadata management, data quality
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in IT, data analysis, metadata management, data quality
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in computer science or related field
- 8+ years of experience in IT, data analysis, metadata management, data quality
- Relevant technology certifications
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.