Principal Solution Architect
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Principal Software Developer Role will be working closely with Compliance business partners and other Architects within the Business Technology department focused on maintaining, optimizing and evolving our Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Fraud investigation platform. The candidate must possess strong business acumen to understand business vision in order to provide solutions that realize business vision and needs. Strong understanding of data in the financial domain, AML and Fraud concepts, hardware considerations, and knowledge of new technologies (cloud and graph network/link analysis) will be very valuable resources in the position.
Given the need for providing solutions that meet the needs of unique business opportunities, the candidate must possess strong problem solving skills and should be capable of defining and articulating technical architecture, and providing the necessary guidance to other technical resources to implement the solution. The candidate must also possess strong planning and organization skills; excellent communication and presentation skills are also essential for this position.
- Primary responsibility is to optimize the AML and Fraud investigation tools and create new solutions that exceed business expectations in content accuracy, reliability and performance
- Develop strategies, policies and best practices working with business partners
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with business partners and is expected to have strong customer-facing skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, and crisis management
- Research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver solutions that fits within the enterprise context
- Enforce data security standards including obfuscation, tokenization, and encryption
- Conceptualize and execute Proof of Concept to verify/validate complex business issues or review new tools and technologies
- Lead discussion with the business on new business opportunities/requirements and lead requirements gathering when needed
- Provide thought leadership in DW schema and database performance tuning. Additionally, understands how the front-end reporting tool influences these aspects
- Develop/enhance the DW technical standards
- Support project teams on design and development of processes required to extract, transform, cleanse, and load the data into DW and data marts as necessary
- Work with other team members and vendors in troubleshooting and assuring quality of the DW and data presented in the investigation tool
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in relevant technical expertise
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field of Information management
- Prior experience as a solution architect or technical lead
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with AWS (S3, Snowflake)
- Experience with Graph Network Database technology (NEO4J)
- Strong knowledge of Financial Services industry with the focus on Corporate Risk business domain (AML/Fraud)
- Strong technical expertise on Data Warehouse platform (ETL/Ab Initio, Teradata), Data modeling, and Cloud
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, capable of effectively presenting ideas/solutions to all levels in the organization
- Highly organized, capable of effectively managing competing priorities, and delivering on business results
- Experience with vendor development model
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.