What you do at Avant
- Developing and implementing tooling to assess the validity of data sets.
- Validating large-scale data migrations in our Hadoop ecosystem.
- Writing SQL and Python code to analyze trillions of data points across thousands of tables.
- Performing exploratory analysis in Jupyter and Looker to support ETL development and QA.
Why you are a fit for Avant
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, finance, computer science, engineering, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience in data analysis, preferably working with large data sets
- 1+ years’ experience with SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool is a plus.
- Experience working with Python and in a Hadoop environment is a plus.
Why Avant is a fit for you: At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:We value, support, and help each other growWe are committed to active inclusion and diversityWe are transparent and believe the best idea winsWe succeed when our customers succeedWe get sh!t done… responsiblyAnd we keep it fun! We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.